Breastfeeding / Newborn Care Combo Class
Now that you have taken (or signed up for) an amazing childbirth class, take the next step and prepare for breastfeeding and caring for your new little one (no Bubble of Peace required). New mommies, mommies-to-be and their partners are all welcome to join us for this 4 hour complete breastfeeding /newborn care combo class. In this hands-on class, we will cover everything you need to know for your babies first few months of life. You will receive lots of handouts to refer to and if a question or problem arises, we offer our breastfeeding students a free 1 hour consultation at our office in Decatur. Some of the topics we will cover include:
• How to lay a good foundation
• The benefits of breastmilk and breastfeeding over formula
• How breastmilk is made
• Good attachment and positioning techniques
• Your first few weeks and how to know if baby is getting enough to eat
• Common breastfeeding difficulties and how to avoid them
• The partners role in the breastfeeding relationship
• How to set up and stock your changing station
• Knowing when to call the pediatrician
• The Happiest Baby on the Block Techniques
• Sleep options and what will work the best for your family
• Local resources and much more!!!
The class fee is $99 and there is a $25 deposit required to attend this class. We keep our classes small to make sure everyone gets their questions answers so registration is required. To register, please fill out our short pre-registration form. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email.
2016 Class Dates are:
Do these dates not work for you? Here are some options:
1.New! Create your own class! Do you have a group of friends due at a similar time as you? Would you like to schedule a Breastfeeding and Newborn Care class at a time and place convenient to you? A minimum of three couples is required. If you bring together 3-4 couples, the host family will get their tuition at half price! If you bring together 5-6 couples, the host family will get their tuition at free! Contact us for more information.
2. Schedule a private class. If these times or place just don’t work for you, or if you just have a crazy schedule, we also offer private classes where we come to you. Prices start at $199 (this includes the materials fee and additional travel expenses may apply.) Please call us to check availability!
Do you want to add to your education?
Here are a few other classes you might be interested in!
Birth partners can often feel left-out of the whole “baby birthing” process. This class is design just for you guys! In this three hour birth class we will learn how partners can help their woman before and during birth. This is a HAND’S ON class where will empower our birth partners to help mom feel good. Partners will leave class confident in their skills to assist during birth and moms will learn to trust in their partners and themselves as they prepare for to give birth.
As parents, we recognize that through supporting each other, we gain support for ourselves. Join us in this judgement free environment where you can give and get support for the many issues that face parents today. Atlanta Positive Parenting Support Group is a free support group for parents who are looking for tools to raise confident children in a positive way while still meeting the needs of the whole family.
Have you ever wanted to learn more about cloth diapers and/or baby wearing. Come out and find out what all the hype is about, what everyone is talking about, and meet other like minded parents and professionals. In this class we will talk about the basics or cloth diapers and baby wearing. We discuss the many pros (and the few cons) and how we can fit it into our modern lifestyle.